For the highest quality water and ice, your refrigerator's water filter needs to be changed over a period of time as its effectiveness at cleaning the water is reduced. For optimal results, you should replace this refrigerator water filter every 6 months to ensure clean, safe drinking water and ice.
Your refrigerator will even remind you when to change its filter, turning on an indicator light found near the water dispenser. Changing the filter is easy--just locate the old filter, twist and turn it until it becomes loose, then pull the old filter out and replace with the new filter.
This model (4396710) can be used to replace the following water filter model:
Replacing Your Water FilterFor side-by-side refrigerators with filter access in the base grille, follow these instructions for replacing your filter:
- Push the eject button, then pull the filter cap. Do not twist cap.
- Remove the filter cap by turning it counter clockwise. Set aside cap. Discard old filter.
- Remove the packaging and O-ring covers from the new filter.
- Align arrows on the cap and new filter. Turn clockwise to snap in place.
- Push filter into the base grill until the eject button pops. Gently tug on cap to ensure it is snug.
- Flush the water system until a total of 3 gallons (12 L) has been dispensed.